Monday, September 5, 2022

Making a Minecraft Level using Unreal Engine 5

 



 In this project, I used Autodesk Maya, Photoshop, and Unreal Engine to create Minecraft textures (including transparent grass and flowers using an alpha map). I wanted to design a natural scene without any architecture. I think one of the most beautiful things about Minecraft is the vast expanses of empty and unexplored land, so I wanted to capture that in my level. 



I also made a shader that made the water bounce and move, but when trying to render a video it was pretty blurry, so I decided to leave it out of this post. I still think the water turned out good. 


I tried to add a good amount of variety in the landscape to make things interesting, like these hills! 


Here is a full view of what my level looks like. I have some varieties of dirt, grass, flowers, and water.


 Lastly, here is a view at my shader and how it works to move the water blocks. It uses a Sine wave, time, and multiply, similar to the material I made to animate my 3D Charizard Sprite with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprint #6 Delivery

 This sprint, I added finishing weighting touches onto the Angel, added the completed textures to the rig files, added the stained glass pan...