Thursday, September 1, 2022

Using Shapes for Character Design

 


Programs used: Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint 

    In this project, I used basic shapes (circle, square, triangle) to design unique creatures. I made a mermaid, a red panda seal, an ogre, and a wolf knight. It was a really fun project and I learned a great deal about how simple shapes can help define characters! 



This image shows the break down of what shapes the characters are based off of. I used the body definition of the mermaid, along with her hair and some circle beads for her character design. I also gave her a pet red panda seal that is very round and adorable. It is a stark contrast to the ogre, which is very boxy and angry looking. Lastly, I used triangle shapes to help design the armor for the wolf knight. His head shape, ears, and sword also hold many triangles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprint #6 Delivery

 This sprint, I added finishing weighting touches onto the Angel, added the completed textures to the rig files, added the stained glass pan...