Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Spirited Away VR: Interactive NoFace (Clean Pass)

 This week, I worked on getting the animation state machine and blueprints to work together to make NoFace fully interactable. I played around with collisions and even added specific colliders for the hands to make hand interactions on parts of  NoFace's body. The result was that if I entered specific colliders, NoFace can go from Aware > Beckoning>Mouth Open>Mouth Closed> Back to Idle once I exited the colliders. I am hoping to possibly add some interaction related to our prop next week, but for now this is fully functional. Below is my Perforce documentation. Primarily, I worked on the ABP_NoFace, BPC_NoFace, and the Team4VRPawn assets. 






As you can see in the video, as I enter NoFace's colliders he goes to bowing to show he is aware of my presence. If I get even closer he starts doing his creepy "beckoning". If I reach out to his face, his mouth opens, but if I reach to his head to give him headpats he closes his mouth. Exiting one collider takes me back to the previous animation state. Going out of the colliders completely makes it go back to idling. 
The biggest thing that fixed this was adding a collider to the VR pawn and I also added individual colliders that are parented to the motion controllers to add interactions related to the hands. 

Pictured above: the colliders I added to the VR Pawn. 
    
        Here are are the various colliders I added to NoFace to trigger the different animation states. I added 4 in total! 






Here are the various events I attached to the colliders, and I then added these same variables to the animation blueprint to trigger the state machine events. 



Here is what my animation state machine looks like, in the end it allowed for a pretty flawless transition between my states, including the mouth open and mouth closed animations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprint #6 Delivery

 This sprint, I added finishing weighting touches onto the Angel, added the completed textures to the rig files, added the stained glass pan...